Note: This is at the 2011 Q3 prices, as was given to me.
For taking a RED studio membership, this would cost you Rs 389,855 /-
The RED membership means peak season membership. Studio membership means for 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children.
There are four types of membership season classification:
Coming back to the price, the pricing seem reasonable or so would it seem.
But consider this, @10% returns, you could stash this amount safely and have Rs 38,985 /- to holiday every year without taking Club Mahindra holidays.
Wait that is not all.
You have to pay additional Rs 9681 /- per year as Annual Subscription fee.
So in fact, if you had not taken Club Mahindra membership you would have extra Rs 48666/- to plan your holiday on your own .
The advantage as such -
- You are not restricted to Club Mahindra resorts.
- You are not subject to availability of the Club Mahindra
- You could even take holiday abroad where Club Mahindra has limited presence. (There is RCI option, but we will cover that as well, and see the economics of going there via Club Mahindra)
- You could even choose not to take holiday, but indulge in acquisition or shopping fancy like a new gadget or something.
- At the end of it all you still have your principle Rs 3,89,855 / in hand.
Look at the pricing and don’t get swayed by what the Club Mahindra executive packages as mouth watering lollipop.
We will cover the EMI option which they offer and see where it leads or rather leaves you.